Monday, August 22, 2011

Big Wreck and Godsmack All In One Weekend...

This weekend I went to the Cornfest in Jarvis, Ontario. It is a festival that has everything from vendors selling crafts to rides and live bands. I had a great time there on Friday walking around and looking at all the different booths, but Saturday was when the real fun began. Big Wreck (Thornley) played there on Saturday night and I believe this was my 5th or 6th time seeing them live. They put on a kick ass show and Saturday wasn't any different.

On Sunday night the hubby and I had tickets to see Godsmack in Hamilton, Ontario with a bunch of friends. It too was a great show, but I think I am getting too old for the hardcore rock shows. I know, I am only 26, but damn it is getting hard to continue going to these shows. It is true, there is nothing like that feeling you get when a band you enjoy gets up on stage, the music louder than expect, the crowd for wild. It is an amazing feeling, but at the same time I am finding more and more other people like to ruin it for you. You get those ignorant douche bags that decide to drink way too much and somehow bring you down by spilling something on you, kicking you, shoving you, spitting on you, whatever it may be. I am just way too old for that shit! Now don't get me wrong, if a band comes to town who I thoroughly enjoy and just so happen to have not seen live, the chances are I will be going. Bands like Aerosmith that I have been dieing to see, but haven't had the chance - I will be there. But if I have already seen a band I am not certain I will be attending anymore. Overall Godsmack was a great experience and of course a rockin' show.

No comments:

Post a Comment